The Civil Society Advance Forum on Sustainable Development (CAS2030) is a not-for-profit, non-partisan, national platform and alliance of Civil Society organizations working towards the achievement of the SDGs and the agenda 2030 in Nigeria.
The alliance has a membership strength of over 100 NGOs across the 36 states in Nigeria.
CAS2030 will build solidarity among organizations across the country and build linkages between local organizations and National level organizations.
CAS2030 aims to engage with the sustainable development agenda and commits to collectively empower the marginalized and vulnerable persons to campaign against hunger, inequality and injustice.
1. To contribute to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through research, advocacy and education for all.
2. To develop and provide new knowledge and promote the uptake of development policies that will address the issues of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
3. To advocate, evaluate and facilitate responses for the Sustainable Development Goals, to meet the need of all sectors of society, particularly the most vulnerable and marginalized.
4. To promote and strengthen the underlying principles of the Global Goals and targets of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through collaborative efforts of civil societies at National, Regional and International levels
5. To create a sense of corporation, mutual harmony and affection amongst the members of the forum
CAS2030 has a Board of Trustees, Coordinating Council as well as Zonal and State Coordinators to steer the affairs of the alliance at various levels. Membership is open to organizations all over Nigeria.