Belarusian Association of Agro- and Ecotourism “Country Escape” is a non-profit nongovernmental organization created in November 2002. Its members comprise more than 600 people. These are mostly Belarusian countrymen who are willing to master a new profession and provide Bed & breakfast services on their farms. These are people of different ages and professions: teachers, farmers, economists, old age pensioners. They wish to start their business, to earn a decent living for themselves and their families as well as to inspire life in their villages, which often get abandoned and ruined.
The main objective of “Country Escape” is to support activities of entrepreneurs who wish to work in that business as well as assistance to the development of rural tourism in Belarus.
Association's tasks include:
- Getting people involved into rural and eco-tourism, enhancement of their economic and social activity;
- Development of tourism and environmental projects contributing to the development of rural tourism;
- Popularization of rural and eco-tourism;
- Contribution to the development of national legislation related to the provision of housing and accommodation services for tourists in the country;
- Promotion of international cooperation along the lines that are in conformity with Association’s objective.