greentech foundation bangladesh has established as a non-profit organization under ministry of commerce & industries [societies act xxi of 1860 (s-12820)] committed to support the government in the areas of environment, energy and socio economy to achieve sustainable development goals (sdg). specially the quality education, affordable clean & green energy i.e. renewable energy sources, green technology, energy efficiency, decent work & economic growth / sustainable financing i.e. green banking, green investment and products, industry, innovation & infrastructure, sustainable cities & communities, responsible consumption & production, climate action, life below water, life on land and partnership for the goals of sdg. also recognize & celebrate ethos of outstanding performance of individual and organization in said sectors those who are supporting to achieve sustainable development goals. all of the activities of greentech foundation support the government of bangladesh in gaining middle income status as is laid out in the vision 2021, the 7th five year plan as well as the sustainable development goals (sdgs).
greentech foundation bangladesh provides expertise and advisory services to business, local authorities and communities, government bodies and public at large, to enable them to establish and consolidate their environmental action. we are taking a leading role in promoting education, awareness, training, dissemination of knowledge, advancing the scientific, technical and practical aspects of green banking, renewable energy, green technologies, environment protection and climate change effects to support sdgs.
the aims and objects of the foundation are:
• to promote the education, training in all matters related to environment management, green banking, green business, green entrepreneurship development, energy & power, green industry, use of renewable energy sources, green technology, green construction, bio energy, wave energy, and all other sources energy, energy efficiency, safety and climate change issues.
• to disseminate of knowledge, encourage people to use of eco-friendly, energy efficient products to achieve sdg.
• to advance the scientific, technical and practical aspects of waste management to safeguard the environment including clean technology, energy efficiency and climate change.
• to promote research & development activities relating power, energy, renewable energy, environment, climate change, green finance, green business and entrepreneurship development.
• to project an appropriate and progressive image of achievements in the field of renewable energy industry, energy efficiency and green technology in bangladesh and abroad.
• to promote innovative use of technology in conservation of energy, scarce materials and natural resources.
• to be an interface and facilitate dialogue among the various institutions and organizations along with the donor agencies & development partners in bangladesh connected with environment & energy management, waste management, pollution control, climate change effects and rural development and work as think tank for the government to make the country green.